10.08.2013

"do I know you" interview two - frankie w.


Round two of "Do I Know You?"!  Today I want you to meet my facebook friend, Frankie.

Frankie W.
A few words about Frankie:
This woman is a trip.  I don't think anyone that has ever met her even once would say anything different.
She cusses like a sailor, and has one of the most generous hearts I've encountered in a long time.
Frankie has been a professional photographer in the town we live in, is so creative and talented, and time and again has used her studio, platform, and medium for raising awareness and funds for an array of people in need.  I remember once since the time we have been facebook friends realizing that Frankie had taken photographs for a family as part of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep.  Only a heart of tenderness, compassion, and strength could undertake such a task.  That's Frankie.
We met through this unique "swap" group on facebook and swapped on a couple of occasions, so there are a few pieces-o'-Frankie around my house.  That never doesn't make me smile.

Now on to the interview . . .
1. Occupation? Currently in transition. Going from a full-time professional photographer to a very part time photographer and  housewife/homemaker. 2. How did we meet/how do we know each other? On Facebook! Through a local swap group.

3. Single or married?
Ball and chaining it.
4. What’s the greatest thing about being single or married?
The easy barter system. I give you a little of this, you give me the ok to do what I want
No, really, I love being married. Not having to shave, not having to pretend, and not having to date. And having someone else to rant to on a daily basis and he has to love me anyway.
5. What was your first vehicle? Love it or hate it? Why?
Oh man! It was a 1986 Green oldsmobile! We called it the Onion...the paint was peeling and the roof on the inside would hit the top of my head. I had to pin that sucker up to be able to see out of the back window.
Loved having a car. Didn't give a rats ass that it was falling apart.
6. Beach or mountains? Why?
Beach! Ahhhh, the salty air, the sunshine, the sound of the waves and birds. But, most importantly.....I don't have to worry about any random critters crawling in my house!
7. Darkest time of your life?
Hmmmm, this time last year. I got fat, I got depressed, I had nothing to give anyone and no one could tell me WHY!? But finally got that sorted out and we are all sunshine and roses over here now.
8. Happiest childhood memory?
Oh man. that would be skipping school with my dad! He worked night shift. So, on his days off he would pick all three of us up (all girls) and we would go golfing with him, bowling, whatever! Lots of fun back then "breaking the rules."
9. What would people be surprised or shocked to know about you?
Most people don't know that I was a gestational surrogate for friends of ours.
10. What work of art (book, music, etc.) has heavily influenced you? Why?  I've only read one book I would say "changed my life" and that was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. At the time I read it, it was what I needed to hear.
11. Favorite place you’ve traveled to? Why?
A few years ago we took the kids to Disney as their Christmas present. It was fabulous. We were ALL carefree, stress-free, and happy. Best trip ever.
12. What brought you to the city you live in now?
Greg [husband]. He did his post doc work here at UGA. We just never left. But that will probably be changing soon.
13. What is your favorite trait about yourself? Why?
Honestly...That I'm nothing but myself. That I can talk to anyone, appreciate everyone, and don't let stuff get to me. It just makes me a much happier person to be able to just BE while appreciating others for who they are as well.
14. Vintage or brand new?
Brand new.
15. Fill in the blank: It’s quiet and no one is around. I think I will ____________. browse the internet to fill the silence
16. What would you describe as one of your biggest triumphs in life? Raising happy, well-adjusted kids who know they can come to their parents for anything and everything. I truly know I've done something right when my teenagers still crawl in bed to talk and snuggle, my boys still kiss and hug their mama in public, and my "babies" can tell me all about their day hitting on both the highs and lows and dwelling on neither.
17. City or country?
When my children were younger, city. At this point in my life, I am looking forward to moving out to the country somewhere!
18. If today was your last, what three things would you do?
Party like it's 1999! I'd be having my family drive up, inviting all my friends over and just hanging out celebrating what has been and what's to come! Then I'd sit down and write a letter to each of my children. Lastly, I'd make sure my husband remembered me and had a little something to hold him over until he was ready to move on (wink).
19. Fast food or “just say no”?
I'm flexible. A little bit of both makes for peace and happiness.
20. If you got a tattoo (or another one) what would it be? Well, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a "Tree of Life".....the roots making up my maiden name, the grass and flowers being our wedding date, the trunk made up of our last name. Each branch representing a child, twisted into their name and a single bloom on each branch for their birthstone. I want that. BAD. But the only place for a tattoo like that to really shine is big on my back. And I don't think I'm ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Please leave one for me here.